Just popping in to add a new, delicious and wholesome recipe!
Even though its not fall, I had a craving for pumpkin so whipped up this pumpkin loaf! 🙂
The recipe has no sugars, nor stevia (for those who aren’t a fan) and has no oils!
I’m not against using oils in recipes, but my coconut oil is always solid so it takes a lot of extra time to melt a large amount of it. o.o
This bread is moist without being too moist that its hard to swallow. The spelt flour helps prevent the bread from being too dense as well. Its hearty and filling enough to have a slice or two for breakfast, and naturals has about 5-6g of protein PER SLICE. 🙂
So hooray for applesauce! ^_^
– 1 + 3/4 cups of spelt flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1 pumpkin pie spice
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of pumpkin puree
– 2 whole eggs
-1/2 cup of SF chocolate chips, or w/e chips you prefer.
– 1/3 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 cup of organic honey, or agave
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/4 cup of hot water
– Preheat your oven to 350F.
– Grease up your baking pan to prevent sticking!!!
– In a large bowl, mix your apple sauce and honey together
– Add in your eggs, and beat after each one
– Add pumpkin to the apple sauce mixture, and stir in vanilla extract
– In a different bowl, mix together your flour, salt and spices. Add them to the wet ingredients
-Fold in your chocolate chips
-Hand mix them very well! I used a wire whisk 🙂
-Heat up the water in the microwave for a minuet
– Add in the baking soda and allow to dissolve. Add this in with the rest, and stir.
– Top with whatever you see fit! (Cranberries, raisins, oats, pumpkin seeds, ect…)
-Put in the oven for 45mins. (Check with a toothpick to make sure its not undercooked)
** Allow to cool for about 10mins or so before removing and cutting**
AND ENJOY 😀
If you try my recipe please tag me, or let me know. My Instagram is @_Workforit