So, I notice that
a lot of all my breakfast recipes on here are oatmeal recipes…
Actually, no. I don’t.
Its not my fault that every delicious breakfast combination that is genuinely sweet and nutritious contains oats 😉 hehe!
Here’s a quick one for you, and I hope you all enjoy it!
Blueberry Maple Cream Oatmeal
Delicious sweetened oats with a hint of maple and cinnamon, topped with rich cream and warmed blueberries
-1/4 cup of oat bran
-1/4 cup of old fashion rolled oats
-1 packet of stevia
-3 tablespoons of egg liquid egg whites
– 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
– Sugar free maple syrup
-Cinnamon to taste
– 1/4-1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
-1-2tablespoons of natural coconut cream (or melted coconut butter!!)
- Mix your oats, stevia and cinnamon with 1 & 1/4cup of water or almond milk
- Cook for a couple minuets on medium, add in egg whites and vanilla extract. Stir every now and then to prevent clumping
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes or so (you can add chia seeds to make it even thicker!)
- Turn setting to low, and allow to sit and cool/thicken.
- While oats are sitting, heat up your frozen blueberries with a tiiiny bit of water until bubbling
- Transfer oats to a bowl, and top with the cream, syrup and finally, blueberries
*Check out this link for a delicious coconut cream recipe- the one I used! Its simple and delicious!