Well hey guys, it looks like I seemed to completely forget about these huh :3
For now, they are BACK. For how long… I am not sure 😛
What I ate Wednesday #6
… Complete with Tuesdays meals because I knew I wouldn’t photograph my food today :3
And *GASP* maybe a new… Recipe?! 😉 Read on!
An oldie, but still a favorite. Strawberry Honey Oatmeal was the way to go after waking up to a beautiful winter wonderland…
…. A warm bowl of oatmeal is the best way to go on a chilly morning 😉
I love strawberries, but the combination of strawberries + honey is divine.
Almost as good as chocolate strawberries! But we all know, that anything consisting of chocolate is unbeatable ;P
Lunch was another delicious, comforting food and *hint* a new creation of mine…
A delicious, warm combination of couscous, squash, beans and other various flavors.
Carbs make me happy. If carbs make you sad, I seriously suggest you re-evaluate some things…
Just kidding, but I know carbs on top of carbs do me well.
🙂 Recipe for this delicious mess will be posted at the end of this post ❤
Soon followed dinner, which was another rainbow consumed…
A turkey veggie burger, grilled green beans (that were slightly freezer burnt- oops) two small purple sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese and some veggie dip.
I seriously love tomatoes. When the warmer weather comes around, I grow my own and I swear they are sweet enough to eat like apples D:
One day, when I have my own place , I plan on having a HUGE garden.
My uncle does, and grows his own veggies (Spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, pumpkins, varies squashes and green beans)
They taste so fresh, and delicious. They are so much more naturally sweeter than (even organic!) store-bought food!
So yes, having a mighty garden is a goal of mine 😉
Around dessert time, my sweet tooth (which is usually around ALL day) kicked in, and kicked in HARD….
(Get ready to drool…)
An antioxidant brownie (boxed mix that my mom bought) topped with vanilla coconut milk ice-cream and topped with a huge handful of white chocolate chip trail mix.
Even after consuming this bowl of balanced deliciousness, I went back for a second huge handful of trail mix with no regrets 😉
Trail mix is slowly becoming a major staple/addiction of mine. Either trail mix, or raw almonds.
Paired with a banana, its a perfect snack for me to bring anywhere and keeps me full and satisfied 🙂
What are your favorite to-go snacks?
– 1 butternut squash, cubed
– 1/2 red onion, diced
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– 2/3cup of whole wheat couscous
– 3/4cup of water (+ additional)
– 1/2cup of halved cherry tomatoes
– 1 can of black beans
– 1 can of butter beans
– 1 T olive oil
– 1/4tsp sea salt
– Oregano and black pepper to taste
– Handful of raw sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place your cubed squash on a greased tray and bake for 30-35mins.
- When there is about 10-15mins left, dice your onion and crush the garlic. Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, and then add your onions and garlic.
- Cook briefly for 2-3mins, constantly stirring and coating to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the couscous to the pan along with 3/4c of water and mix. Add more water if necessary (I had to multiple times)
- Add the sea salt and other spices
- Keep mixing, and add more water if necessary (if your couscous isn’t fluffy, or sticking to the pan, add more water!!)
- Once the squash is done, remove from the oven and to your mixture. After, mix in your two cans of beans
- Mix everything together well until ingredients are well distributed. Cook on medium-low heat
- Add your tomato halves on top, and the handful of sunflower seeds. Mix.
- Cook on low for 3-5mins. Serve warm 🙂
**I stored my leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. I don’t know how long they last, because all of mine were gone the next day**
The butter beans add such a creamy texture 🙂 If you make this recipe, please tag me and use the hashtag #sweeteatreat so I can see your creation!