Snowy days + weekends = Experimental baking
I rarely have time to cook now that I’ve joined the track team. We train 5-6 days a week, after school and on Saturdays.
That leaves me with no time for cooking, blogging, and other small things 😦
The time that I do have left is dedicated to tremendous amounts of homework and studying…
But, I love track.
The breaks from the internet that I’ve been “forced” to take are actually doing me good.
I’m getting more and more in touch with life 🙂
Next step, spend less time on my cell phone….
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup + 1/4 of all purpose flour, or spelt flour
- 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of stevia (add more according to taste. I tasted the batter as I went along until I got to desired sweetness)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk (Add more if needed while mixing- batter will be very thick)
- 6oz strawberry greek yogurt (such as Chobani- can use plain)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add diced strawberries if desired
- Strawberry halves and cinnamon for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl, and dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Combine dry into wet, and mix together.
4. Fold in diced strawberries if desired
5. Spoon the thick batter into a greased muffin pan
6. Smooth tops over with a spoon, top with strawberry halves, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
7. Bake for 20 minuets, and allow to cool for 5-10min before removing from pan
The recipe isn’t perfected yet, but its well on its way. I’m going to experiment more with different flours, and coconut oil & sugar instead 🙂
But so far, these dense muffins make a great breakfast treat, especially if accompanied with some nut butter and warm almond milk.
Macros are located on my instagram page (@_Workforit)