Mmmmmm yes I am fully aware of how yummy and pumpkiney these are.
Yes, I am also fully aware that I used pumpkiney as an adjective.
Just a quick, sweet fall recipe for you all! These were extremely easy to make, and were so warm and moist! I must say, I am pretty impressed with myself! Usually when I make “pumpkin spice” flavored things, the whole spice flavor gets lots amongst the overwhelming flavor of pumpkin, but this time they came out pretty good! That, and they smelt AMAZING in the oven.
Pumpkin Spice Blondies
Makes 9 squares
- 1/2cup of whole wheat pastry flour, or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Truvia Baking Blend (or stevia to taste)*
- 1/2c pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp sugar free pumpkin spice coffee creamer *
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice baking emulsion*
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8×8 baking pan
2. Mix your dry ingredients (listed first) in a large bowl
3. In a smaller bowl, combine your wet ingredients
4. Mix wet into dry until thoroughly combined
5. Spread mixture into pan
6. Bake for 15-20min, or until a toothpick comes out clean
7. Allow to cool for 5 mins before cutting into squares
* If you do not wish to use stevia, use 2 tbsp of brown sugar OR coconut palm sugar
* If you do not want to use the creamer, simply use TWO tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
* The baking emulsion is NOT necessary, but does add a stronger “spiced” taste.