No problemo. ;D
What if I told you this silky, delicious breakfast was packed with 20g of protein?!
Without protein powder!!
Y u m!
This recipe is super simple, and I’m sure all of you could whip it up tomorrow morning if you wanted to!
– 1/2 a frozen banana
– 1/3cup greek yogurt (I use Fage 2%)
– 1/2cup irish oats*
– 1cup + 1/4 water
– 1/4cup liquid egg whites
– 1 packet of stevia
– 1/4tsp pure vanilla extract
– Banana coins, honey and stevia for garnish
1. Start cooking your oatmeal on medium heat. After 2-3 minuets of cooking, add in your egg whites, stevia and vanilla extract.
2. Cook the mixture for another 4 minuets, stirring constantly to prevent the egg whites from chunking
3. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a food processor , blend together your frozen banana and yogurt until thoroughly smooth and creamy You can add additional stevia here for a sweeter cream
5. Pour your oatmeal into a bowl, and mix half of your cream mixture into your oats. Top oatmeal with the remaining half
6. Drizzle on some honey, and top with banana coins
7. Eat and enjoy!!
* You can easily use oat bran, or rolled oats as well. I prefer Irish oats, for it will help provide a more creamy texture.
Your result will be a delicious bowl of smooth, delicious, banana cream pie oatmeal
A handful of followers have been requesting the nutritional information for my recipes
So, here we go:
Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal