Just got back from my amazing 2.5 week vacation on Florida! 😀
Minus the massive earache I currently have from the plane ride, I’m doing VERY well!
My post vacation sweet tooth also hit in…
Confession. One of the things I missed most (besides my cat) was my kitchen and ingredients.
So, not only was this experiment a way to cure my sweet tooth, but it was also a way to postpone unpacking :3 hehe
When I have more time, I’m [hopefully] going to make a post of all the fun I experienced while in FL, and how theres so much more t life than looking a certain way, and eating certain things..
Caramelized Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
– 3T coconut spread*
– 3T organic coconut sugar*
– 1T Raspberry Agave*
– 2/3c rolled oats
-Pinch of xanthan gum
– 2.5T unsweetened applesauce
– 1T stevia (or more according to taste buds)
– 1 egg
– 1/3c spelt flour*
– Pinch of baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line or grease your baking sheet.
2. Place all topping ingredients EXCEPT the oats in a small pan and heat on the stove until the coconut spread has melted.
3. Add in your oats, stir together, then turn off heat and set aside.
4.Wisk your batter together well, and pour into your baking sheet. (It won’t be much batter, so fill each a little less than halfway)
5.Spoon in your oatmeal on top.
6. Bake for 20 minuets, or until a toothpick comes out clean
* If you don’t have coconut spread, you can try using coconut butter
* If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can use light brown sugar. Stevia will not work the same.
* I know many of you are against agave, and if you do not wish to use it, you can use pure honey, and 1/8th teaspoon of raspberry extract, or just maple syrup for a maple flavor.
* Can be subbed with whole wheat pastry flour, or maybe even whole wheat
If you follow my instagram and use one of my recipes, please take a picture, tag me and use the hashtag #sweeteatreat so I can see your creation and give you a shout out 🙂