Why yes, the recipe is as simple as it sounds.
As much as I love complicated, delicious recipes that consist of all sorts of fun ingredients thrown together, I do love the simple things every once in a while.
This happened to be one of those mornings!
Delicious, warm oats with a sweet pudding like texture… To be honest, this came out much better than I expected 😛
Strawberry Honey Oats
Cause I love snuggles :3
– 1/2c Irish style oats
– 1cup + 1/4cup of water
-1 tablespoon of chia seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
-3-4 medium strawberries
-As much honey as desired
– Bring the water to a boil with the oatmeal.
– Set to medium heat, and add in the tablespoon of chia seeds, and extract
– Keep on medium heat or set to lower if desired. While oats are cooking, remove the greens of your strawberries, and chop/dice
– When satisfied with the texture of your oats (I wait till they are like a thick, pudding-ey goop 😛 ) remove from heat
– Mix in your chopped strawberries
– Drizzle with as much pure honey as your little heart desires. I love tons of this sticky, liquid gold!
– Garnish with more strawberries if desired 🙂
Ta-da! And there you have it! A big bowl of sweet strawberry deliciousness.
The chia seeds add the perfect texture after they start to expand a bit- soo good!!