How has everyone been?
As I previously stated, I may be absent for some time. Especially since all of my finals, SAT’s, regents and exams are coming up…
Remember when the end of the school year used to such a happy time?
Then reality calls.
Its full of stress, testing and hatred.
Nothing that a little healthy treat can’t handle though, right?
Yep, thats right. This made my week sooo much better.
I was SO proud of how well it came out! Too bad it only lasted two days cause my family and I basically devoured it. My brother even loved it, and thats coming from someone who eats SO unhealthy! Thats when I know it passes the “It actually does taste very good” test.
A lot of the times when I experiment and bake healthy things, I have my parents try them as well. Most times they tell me its just “good” But hey, we all know my parents just say this so I don’t feel bad. My brother on the other hand, will tell me the straight up truth.
So I know this was really good. I got an a-okay from my brother, and an “OMG” from my parents!
The bread is very moist and delicious, and super sweet. Its a great dessert bread, or a perfect little pick me up. I prefer it plain because its so sweet and delicious, but I know a big ol’ scoop of almond butter would accompany it just fine.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
– 1 + 3/4 cups of spelt flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (can use pumpkin pie spice)
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 3 medium, super ripe banans (the riper the better & sweeter)
– 2 whole eggs
-1/2 cup of SF chocolate chips, or w/e chips you prefer.
– 1/3 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 cup of organic honey
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/4 cup of hot water
– Preheat your oven to 350F.
– Grease up your baking pan to prevent sticking!!!
– In a large bowl, mix your apple sauce and honey together
– Add in your eggs, and beat after each one
– In a separate bowl, mash up your bananas
– Add bananas to the apple sauce mixture, and stir in vanilla extract
– In a different bowl, mix together your flour, salt and spices. Add them to the wet ingredients
-Fold in your chocolate chips
-Hand mix them very well! I always use my trusty wooden spoons 😉
-Heat up the water in the microwave for about a minuet -a minuet :30
– Add in the baking soda and allow to dissolve. Add this in with the rest, and stir.
-Put in the oven for about an hour or so. Allow to cool for about 10mins or so before removing and cutting
I topped my bread with coconut sugar before throwing it in the oven.
Nuts, and/or seeds would also make a great topping!