My dad has been on a soup-making spree recently. And to be honest, I don’t really care. I can go for a nice bowl of soup any time of the year!
Also, I reaalllyyy don’t mind because he’s happened to take an interest in making healthy, vegan soups.
When he told me, I kind of had to do a double take
… And when he made this soup, I also kind of had to do a double take.
Or shall I say double serving?
Or double bowl.
I don’t know, you get my point though right?
Anyway, heres one soup recipe you definitely won’t regret making, and I guarantee you’ll want to make it again
Its the perfect cross between spicy, sweet and creamy goodness.
I feel like I would like it without the spice, but I haven’t tried it yet.
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger, OR 1/4 teaspoon of the powdered kind.
- 2 cups of cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of no sodium added veggie broth/stock.
- 1 28ox can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of cannellini beans
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne peper
- 1/2cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat up the oil in a large soup bowl, and cook the onions until they are brown.
- Add your ginger, brother, tomato and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil
- Simmer with the lid on until potatoes are soft (May take 20mins or longer)
- Laded out 3 scoops of liquid to mix with your peanut butter. Blend together well until creamy, and then add back into your pot.
- Add your coconut milk, cayenne pepper, salt and beans.
- Let it cook for a little longer on a low heat setting, stirring here and there.
- Serve and enjoy! (I highly recommend using flax crackers, or any healthy cracker for dipping! I also topped mine with a bit of cinnamon for some sweetness)